I Forge Iron

Howdy

Aljeter

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Alvin im 34 and just started getting everything ready to start some backyard blacksmithing. I live outside fort worth texas. I am taking a beginners blacksmithing class in July. I can't wait to get started, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I think I replied to your first introduction. You stated then that you were taking a beginner class and I asked who it was that was teaching it. Also, encouraged you to check intp North Texas Blacksmith Assoc., Saltfork Craftsmen in OK., And as mention in that post my shop is always open, so if you make it over to the Longview area give me a holler, I'll have a fire lit!

I think I replied to your first introduction. You stated then that you were taking a beginner class and I asked who it was that was teaching it. Also, encouraged you to check intp North Texas Blacksmith Assoc., Saltfork Craftsmen in OK., And as mention in that post my shop is always open, so if you make it over to the Longview area give me a holler, I'll have a fire lit!

That was someone else :). I was the one that posted about an NC anvil being worth $150. Thought I would come in here and do a formal introdution. Chuck Stone is teaching the class.

That was someone else :). I was the one that posted about an NC anvil being worth $150. Thought I would come in here and do a formal introdution. Chuck Stone is teaching the class.

OK. Tell Chuck that 'Tommy Dean' said HI when you see him. Chuck is a great guy to be around and a really good smith, ya done good by getting him to teach ya. Also, I'm sure he will mention it too, that the NTBA meets once a month and that is a great place to learn from other smiths. Enjoy the class and glad you're here

welcome, ya know I have always been glad I started sminthing in the winter, guess I'm scared if I started in the summer I wouldn't have kept at it long enough to get addicted! Good luck and enjoy the class.

I've welded for years so I dont think the heat is going to bother me alot.

welcome, ya know I have always been glad I started sminthing in the winter, guess I'm scared if I started in the summer I wouldn't have kept at it long enough to get addicted! Good luck and enjoy the class.

I enjoy summer forging more. I work out doors and there is nothing like discovering that you are drifted in at the forge. I had a clear spot around the anvil that I was standing.

Summertime tips: hydration, shade, airflow. drink lots of water, keep out of full sun, and set up a fan if you need to keep air moving.

Welcome aboard, be safe and have fun.

Phil