I Forge Iron

The Same Old Questions And Comments?

Let's see... (and like Frosty said, not all are bad)
1. Is that coal?
2. What is that thing you are cranking?
3. How hot does it get? - Touch a red hot bar to your anvil stump. The instant flame has rounded many eyes and mouths.
4. Do you shoe horses? - Lots of us can make horseshoes, but for shoeing you need to know even more about horses than you do about shoes.
5. Do you make swords?
6. Aren't you hot? (summer version) or I'll bet you're keeping warm! (cold weather version) - Sure, but I'm a lot better off than my predecessors.

As for the dying art comments: That's right, but if we ever lose electricity I'll be reeeeeeeal popular all of a sudden. (even got quoted in the paper for that one)

Ok frosty I think there is a line in that song about wearing spenders and a bra LOL

"I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra! I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear pa pa!"

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day!"

A classic... Monty Python rules!

Yeah, I've used that a few times. It works OK but the inconsistencies are awful small to say it looks hand hammered to me. I think Rustoleum is just repackaging batches of paint that didn't come out quite right! :lol:

Rustoleum bought out Hammerite paint, either are nice textured finishes though not as much fun as wrinkle paint.

Frosty

"I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra! I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear pa pa!"

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day!"

A classic... Monty Python rules!

Yeah, that's in the second or third verse isn't it? The first time I heard it was in an old cable series called "Brothers." The oldest brother was a rough tough construction worker, high steel foreman I think, his younger brother was hiding the fact he was gay. Then one episode the oldest brother starts singing the "Lumberjack Song," with extra emphasis on the this verse.

Great song, especially at demos.B)

Frosty the Lucky

Since we are often standing there waiting for the metal to heat up a lot of bad stand up comedy is done by smiths!

Yeah . . . I had a buddy who was giving me a hard time (good natured) so while he was entertaining the visitors, I dropped a piece of 1/2 square at high black heat right behind his heel. That metal glued itself to his boot and it started smokin' up a storm - the visitors let him know his foot was on fire . . . watching him dance around and trying to get it off his boot was some real quality entertainment!!!