I Forge Iron

air filter for a the bearded guy

I looked in one of these a number of years ago and found they only had filters for nuisance dust, not for vapors. If all you need is nuisance dust filters that's fine.

ron

I noticed this as well. I love the idea and might get one for dust anyway, but I'd really like to see filters for it that were good for welding fumes and/or organic solvent vapors.

I noticed this as well. I love the idea and might get one for dust anyway, but I'd really like to see filters for it that were good for welding fumes and/or organic solvent vapors.

So would I. The inventor made an appearance on a woodwork forum I read and I asked about the possibility of getting filters for organic vapors. He said he wasn't interested in developing that. I bought a standard half-mask respirator and shave to use it.

ron

I wish I'd had one of these years ago. I don't often work with things that produce vapors like paints and such but I sure work with a lot of dusty things in my casting, polishing, grinding and such, I hate black boogers and I hate coughing it up out of my lungs too. Now that I'm all gimped up I guess it don't matter much but the price is sure better than it is for those battery powered HEPA face shields. <_<