I Forge Iron

Blacksmith stuff for Christmas

MY BOOK CAME IN YESTERDAY!

"The Knight and the Blast Furnace" the foremost study of the metallurgy of plate armour of the renaissance---it weighs IIRC 7# all that glossy paper for pictures of photomicrographs is heavy!

It was a birthday christmas present from my wife and kids and the $300 I had saved up to buy a copy gets to be spent on my shop---I'm looking at a band saw today.

On a lighter front I got the complete Black Adder series on DVD

true but theres another movie that came out this year its Tales from Earthsea
and i dont know if its been brought over yet( looks like a good one)

Ahh see I heard about that but was not sure if it was BS or not. I think The Earthsea movie is based on a series of books. If Mr Miyazaki, Isao Takahata (his protege) or anyone else at Ghibli Studios made it, I am sure it will be good. I hope they pick good voice actors(they ALWAYS do).

WOW! let me just say that again, WOW. I tried out the Hofi Hammer I got for Christmas(from a GOOD friend of mine), and WOW, just......WOW. What a difference! It moves the hot steel practically by itself! mr Hofi's technique took a bit to get used to, but once I got more familiar with it it was very natural and comfortable. I could not beleive the difference, I was very pleased and would recommend the Hofi Hammer to anyone.

Santa still comes to old mens homes. I haven't been very good this year. As I understood the concept: If your were bad, santa would just bring you a lump of coal. I need coal, so I haven't been behaving very well.
Instead of a lump of coal, I got a Lincoln Mimiflex Fume Extractor. Not bad!
Be safe, be safe!
Ted

I got a new "reciprocating saw" for Christmas and used my Birthday/Christmas money to buy a used commercial duty horizontal metal cutting bandsaw. It was on craigslist and I snuck into Albuquerque right before the storm, picked it up and hightailed it back to better weather!