I Forge Iron

Another Noob

Hi Everyone, I'm Nick. 22 d dabbling engineer/ fitter from the Yarra Valley Victoria Australia.
My passion is steam and in my spare time i work at two railways aswel as build my own locomotives.
I have been interested in Smithing for many years now and was directed here by my Local Blacksmith.
Hope to learn alot and absorb as much as i can about this wonderful art.

G'day Cobber! welcome to IFI! Its a wonderful site here. Your blacksmith friend dint steer you wrong. I got a friend in England, who is a great smith and has built (restored, with his mates) a mine steamer, and several miles of track. Give him a holla, tell him Danny Arnold sent you. he is Godfrey South at www darenthvalleyforge . co. UK

G'Day Nick ,

Firstly welcome ta the site .

Another from the Upper Yarra Valley .. :)

I'm at Wesburn . Is another smith at Launching Place , Andy ( aka Jack Smith )
We'll ave ta get together & bash iron / drink tinnies

Bung youse name inta this as well bloke .. http://www.iforgeiro...6-oz-roll-call/

Dale Russell

P.S .. PM me & we'll arrange ta meet up

Hi Nick.
Welcome from Lithgow NSW, home of Ironfest, the Zig Zag Railway, and the State Mine Museum (which has a multi-million dollar, government funded workshop that is used to work on rolling stock, as well as an ex-Portland Cement Works steam loco that was still in use when I worked at the Portland Works 35 years ago).
Thought all that steam might get your attention.

Phil.

p.s. Dale, who is in your area, is good value.

Hi All,
Phil H, that sound rather interesting, should i eventually go on my world tour i'll have to add the State mine museum to the list, and thats sure an interesting history you have there.
Ratel10mm, I wouldn't be to concerned, it was actually Dale that sent me here, after conversing at many an event. Then again, theirs nothing wring with working in "tin"
CurleyGeorge, heres some pics for ya mate :)

73267_1449107951006_1332428323_31046825_
40717_1449107550996_1332428323_31046824_
and what it will become:
h220late.jpg
for info on the prototype: My link