I Forge Iron

Madainn Mhath

PeterM

Halo from Cape Breton!

It seems that every time I search the web for forging info, this forum shows up. So, I thought I'd finally register and join the community.

My name is Peter. I'm a retired chef living on the Atlantic coast of Cape Breton Island with my wife and daughter. These days I spend time playing in and working on canoes, exploring out-of-the-way waterways, and doing a bit of woodworking in my small shop. I also make a few knives as a hobby, and have started doing some simple blade forging. I'm a member of the Cape Breton Blacksmith Assoc. where I intend on taking a few courses in the near future.

There's a wealth of information on the forum and I'm eager to learn.

Good day everyone!

PM

Hi there PM. You'll enjoy this website. There's a lot of experience here, and I've yet to see a question that couldn't be answered. I'm new (to the forum) myself and really enjoy being here. If you have time, try and go back and read the past pages of the various forums, lots and lots of good stuff there.
If you need help, one of the experts will jump in and give you a hand with your question. BTW, just where is Cape Breton Island?
It's good that there's a blacksmith club there. That'll put you way ahead.
Welcome!
Robert in Texas

Edit: I googled and found your home. Looks beautiful!