I Forge Iron

wire nut point

macbruce

Out in the shop today I was struggling with a wiring project. It required twisting the ends of stranded wire to insert into a terminal block. It wasn't going too well cause I was using pliers and making a general mess of each end. I spotted a wire nut on the floor, picked it up and screwed onto the wire and unscrewed it and there was a perfect twisted,pointy end!........Nothing huge, but it made my day a little less tedious.................mb

I guess this means we can't cuss about having to untwist the results of wire nuts on other occasions. (It's not a bug. It's a feature.) :lol:

MB, I could have used that trick yesterday. I'll remember it for next time. Thanks.

I guess this means we can't cuss about having to untwist the results of wire nuts on other occasions. (It's not a bug. It's a feature.) :lol:

Why cuss when you can cut? Save the cussin for when the wires are too short from repeated cutting.
Mark<><