I Forge Iron

BUFFALO BLOWER PROBLEM!!!

utaholdiron

I was attempting to dismantle the gears, but came across a tiny bolt whose head was broken off. This particular bolt, when tightened, holds the largest blower gear to its shaft (axle). I can go no further till I figure out how the xxxx to loosen this tiny bolt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't believe it's possible to use a "screw extractor" because of the close confines. Also, drilling out the broken bolt is not feasible for that same reason. I'm enclosing several pictures.

tmpphpR3aRYO.jpg
tmpphpj2g5FT.jpg
tmpphp945MpV.jpg
tmpphplOLguH.jpg

stainless rod and build it up til you can get a hold of it. is it drilled on an angle? almost looks like ot would have to be to drilled and tapped in the first place. if so a long drill bit maybe? dunno maybe other better ideas from someone with better experience

I can't tell for sure, but it appears not to be angled at all. How the drilling and tapping was done in such a small, tight space is beyond me. I have a welder friend, I'll see if he can do as you suggested. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...