I Forge Iron

Moving to Havelock, NC. Who is in the area

Jreed

You are welcome to attend the meetings of The Blacksmith guild of Virginia.
I dont know where Havelock is but we regularly have people from Charlotte , Winston Salem , Newbern Nc. attend our meetings.
The ones on the eastern side say we are still closer than some of the Nc.Guild meetings.
Im a member of the NC ABANA and right many more groups but between our guild meetings and the school and trying to get in the forge myself I dont get around as much as I would like.
Check us out at
http://www.blacksmithguildofva.com
The meetings are held here.
http://yesteryearschool.com
Everyone ( members and non members) are always welcome

Mike Tanner

Yesteryearforge Havlock is SE of Newbern I may have to get up there and check y'all out.

Mark thanks for the welcome. We are looking forward to the move can't wait to get away from all this snow up here.

Hey Jeremy. Can't remember; You still active? I lived in Havelock several years ago when I got out. Stayed with parents for a while while I figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up. (Still working on that LOL) Dad was still stationed at MCAS at the time. Havelock was a nice town in '75 :)

I was born in havelock county. At cherry point. Daddy was in the Corp and stationed there. Cost was $6 To have me. But he only made $7800 in four years of service. I know this is off topic. But all I recall was the B-2 bombers rattling the house.
Always wanted to go back and look around.
Didn't mean.to hijack.your post. Sorry.

JReed, welcome to NC. Be sure to sign up for the NCABANA google newsletter. That's where you will find out what is going on.

There was a group in Wilmington, and they are having a meeting at one of the historic plantations this month. Hopefully there will be enough interest to re-form.

The B.O.L.T.S. group meets in Goldsboro, about an hour inland. The Raliegh group is very active, and is about 2 hours away.

The Philip Simmons Guild of SC holds a quarterly meeting near Myrtle Beach, SC.

No one here in Charlotte has enough room in their shop to host a poker game, much less a state meeting. So if I want to see something, I have to hit the Interstate.

Dodge
Yep Still on active duty. Got 5 more years till I hit 20. I have never been there but we are looking forward to it.

John
Thanks for the info. I will most definitely sign up for the news letter.