I Forge Iron

Just Getting Started

Iron Striker

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I'm 120miles east of Dallas on I-20, realitivly speaking not too far from you. ;) There is going to be a GREAT little "mini conference" in Bryan, TX on Feb 19. Not too far from you and well worth the trip. It is being hosted by brothers Jeff and Alan Lee. Here is their web site with more info; http://www.steephollowforgeworks.com I plan to be there as well as a few other IFI members. Tailgating and just some all round good blacksmithin' fun! Oh yeah, it's FREE!! This will be the Feb meeting for both the HABA (habairon.org) group and the Balcones Forge (balconesforge.org) groups. Balcones is the Central Texas group. I know that a few of the North Texas Blacksmith Assoc. folks will be there also. (ntxba.org) They are from the Dallas metroplex area and may be a good group for you to check out also. Whew! sorry so long winded. Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay. Hope to see you in Bryan!

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I'm 120miles east of Dallas on I-20, realitivly speaking not too far from you. ;) There is going to be a GREAT little "mini conference" in Bryan, TX on Feb 19. Not too far from you and well worth the trip. It is being hosted by brothers Jeff and Alan Lee. Here is their web site with more info; http://www.steephollowforgeworks.com I plan to be there as well as a few other IFI members. Tailgating and just some all round good blacksmithin' fun! Oh yeah, it's FREE!! This will be the Feb meeting for both the HABA (habairon.org) group and the Balcones Forge (balconesforge.org) groups. Balcones is the Central Texas group. I know that a few of the North Texas Blacksmith Assoc. folks will be there also. (ntxba.org) They are from the Dallas metroplex area and may be a good group for you to check out also. Whew! sorry so long winded. Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay. Hope to see you in Bryan!

That sounds great. Bryan is only about sixty miles from here. I'll check out the web site.

Thanks again,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...