I Forge Iron

Nursery Project

JGRAFF

I thought some of you would enjoy this project of mine. We are expecting our first baby on 1/31/11 so I wanted to make some things for the nursery to personalize it. If you look around, there is a new trend forming around the world of decorating a nursery. Putting the name of the baby above the crib seems to be the new IN thing. I didn't like any of the decals or wooden carved letters so I smithed her name myself. Also, (no blacksmithing involved) I fab-ed a little end-table for next to the rocking chair. This is what I came up with....

post-15181-60096_thumb.jpg

post-15181-70171_thumb.jpg

post-15181-68609_thumb.jpg

post-15181-32407_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the good words and blessings. I am currently working on some angle brackets for shelves to hang on the wall. The plan is to make the shelves out of the same cherry wood and with the same routed edges as the end-table. This is my first project incorporating wood with iron work, and cherry is NOT cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

congrats papa a project to make for Daddys Darling, no hurry, but you can plan early, is a doll bed. i made one for my daughter over twenty five years ago and she still has it. approx 16" x 24" with scroll headboard and foot board four poster with canopy. is a complement magnet and when she says daddy made it for me i puff up with pride. remember children are Gods blessing! too much love is not enough. peace