I Forge Iron

light pole repair

Larry H

heres a short crummy video of the repair I did last thursday, nobody knew what to do, they already removed all the poles and they needed light,...so they did what they always do when they are at their wits middle, they came to the blacksmith shop. here is my repair idea......

I took a 6 " pipe cut it off center to go around the eight inch tapered pole, put it in the forge and opened it to size, unfortunately lost some of the video when editing. The man in the high ranger started swaying it from the top,.. that made me nervous but proved it to be strong.

Heaven only knows how many OHS act rules were violated, how many codes broken and it worked I love it!
Great job man! :)
Ian
It looks cold there, I'm sitting here sweating like a pig it's 6:30 in the evening I've just got out of the pool wich is at 28deg C :)

thanks M.M. i've been thinking to post more of what the modern blacksmith is called upon to do, I get all types of jobs,.... I had to forge tumblers for the safe at Gracie Mansion (the mayors house in NYC ),...the lock smith was going to tell the officials it was done for,.... as a last resort he came to the blacksmith shop, where he was hooked up. As one master smith used to say, " there is no job that can't be done,...just how much time and money you want to spend to do it " (Pasquale Noto,..RIP)...