I Forge Iron

Denver-Area Introduction Classes

bajajoaquin

I took a client out to dinner on Wednesday, and to my surprise, she expressed a lot of interest in trying out blacksmithing. She is from Denver (I'm in San Diego), so I looked up the Rocky Mountain Smiths site, and there wasn't much there. My request for more detail was met with a "look at the website" response.

The CBA has some really good programs in my area through the Vista Forge. I was hoping that other organizations would have similar programs.

Can anyone here recommend a beginner/introduction class in the Denver area? Museums, ABANA affilliates, schools, whatever.

Thanks!

I don't know of specific classes. One of my "grad students," Lar, is in the area and may know something: larnotlars@msn dot com

The Rock Ledge Ranch, a living historical farm, is in Colorado Springs, and they formerly offered occasional weekend workshops in smithing.

I offer six day intro classes in Santa Fe, 375 miles south of Denver. I've demoed at Vista, Santa Ana, Cazadero, and Petaluma, CA.

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools

I don't know of specific classes. One of my "grad students," Lar, is in the area and may know something: larnotlars@msndotcom

The Rock Ledge Ranch, a living historical farm is in Colorado Springs, and they formerly offered occasional weekend workshops in smithing.

I offer six day intro classes in Santa Fe, 375 miles south of Denver. I've demoed at Vista, Santa Ana, Cazadero, and Petaluma, CA.

http://www.turleyforge.com Granddaddy of Blacksmith Schools

Thanks for the contact info.

I saw your name on the resources list, and thought first about referring her to you, because she goes to visit parents in Albuquerque periodically. I'll certainly be making that recommendation for the future.

I know of "Many" people who have attended Frank Turley's school.
Every one of them said it was highly recommended.
In fact it was a dream of mine to attend his school, but health reasons said no!

She would be so close, why not get started right?
I would highly suggest considering attending Franks Course.

I have only heard great things from Frank Turley's classes and know that it would be a great choice. But here is another school in the Alburqurque, NM area: http://www.g3blacksmithing.com/about.html They are about 30mins from the city. Their facilities are second to none, Robb and his sons are fantastic smiths and excellent teachers of the art. I would be hard pressed to recommend one over the other. SWABA has some amazing smiths in their group!