I Forge Iron

Peter Wright question

I bought a Peter Wright anvil. Well it has "Wright" stamped on the side. Yet in all the pics I see of Peter Wright they all have a shelf at the front and back of the base. Mine does not. Do I have a Peter Wright? If you look in the pics you can see the base, and where "Wright" is stamped, yet I cannot find the "Peter".

post-7410-0-19784900-1292555477_thumb.jp

I bought a Peter Wright anvil. Well it has "Wright" stamped on the side. Yet in all the pics I see of Peter Wright they all have a shelf at the front and back of the base. Mine does not. Do I have a Peter Wright? If you look in the pics you can see the base, and where "Wright" is stamped, yet I cannot find the "Peter".

Winston, There was also a Henry Wright about 1890-1914. Look above the Wright for Henry. Also weight mark could be on oppsite side. I had wondered about the lack of flats. Some of henrys had them some not.
Ken.

The weight marks are on the other side and are clear. 1.1.17

I have not spent a ton of time seeing if I could find other words. With the Wright so clearly marked I don't see how the other text could be so hard to find. When I get time I am going to clean it up and see what I can find. Thanks for the answers.