I Forge Iron

Specials on W1, O1, acme theaded rod, bronze, etc

I was flipping through the various monthly tool catalogs at work, and thought some of you may be interested in this.

Enco tool supply has W1, and 01 tool steel rounds in their current specials, as well as 660 bronze, acme threaded rods, and nuts.

www.use-enco.com

These specials run till Nov.30th

A long time ago I started buying things mail ordered through ENCO. Having an account with them and getting their sales catalog has really been a blessing over the years. A month or two ago, they ran a sale on USA made flap wheels for the angle grinder and I purchased $100.00 worth and I'm not sorry. They run specials on very good quality stuff all the time. Once those sales fliers start hitting your mailbox, it's very difficult not to look through them even if your not looking to buy anything. Maybe they're soaking those things in magic temptation dust because I don't seem to get the same effect from the Harbor freight catalog. Happy shopping. Spears.

Price on W1 was still almost 50% higher than the last price I got from Cinncinati tool steel a month ago.

Certain steel yard items of certain sizes and quantities "can" be found cheaper from the "steel yard". But for machine shop supplies and small quantity purchases, I've found it hard to beat Enco for most anything. Sounds like you found an exceptional deal you might want to get it while the gittens good!

Certain steel yard items of certain sizes and quantities "can" be found cheaper from the "steel yard". But for machine shop supplies and small quantity purchases, I've found it hard to beat Enco for most anything. Sounds like you found an exceptional deal you might want to get it while the gittens good!

I would have to disagree on the steel side. I have been buying the W1 here in Canada for less than than Enco's sale price for over a year. That is with the steel being brought in from the US. I also bought some O1 from the same supplier and it was cheaper than the Enco sale price.