I Forge Iron

"Rare" Arm and Hammer anvil.....

So I have a 180 lb Arm and Hammer swollen clip horn farriers anvil.... According to Anvils in America they are scarce... I think Richard said he has only seen one and heard of one other...

Anyway its just an anvil to me... its next on my project list to carve up and reweld up the top... its not in really bad shape but I want to fix it before it gets used.... But I figured because it was kind of a rare bird I would ask if anyone wanted it before I made it a lot less desirable to a collector (repaired) I dont want any more for it than any other 180 lb anvil... I usualy shoot for about $3/lb which would make it $540... Id take $475 because its got one edge thats buggered

its the top back one in this pic... of course id get detail pics if anyone was interested..

Just to throw out there I have a 500 pound peter wright, a 415 pound Mouse hole, a 400 lb hay budden and a 300 lb Swedish Paragon... all for sale as well

post-2750-095981900 1287203880_thumb.jpg

post-2750-089322900 1287204080_thumb.jpg

Do you just leave them together with no chaperone and play Barry White????????????????????? :D
Nice anvils.
Ian

Lol i would have to agree, it seems that your anvils are mating and forging smaller baby anvils or they really do grow on trees...dang i wish i had an anvil tree..lol nice collection there im jealous

You should word it as a ransom note:

Buy this rare example of early american industrial history or I will weld up the face!

I know a thread you could mine for victims. :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, it is both considerate and good business to give the collectors a crack at it first.