I Forge Iron

I need a anvil in GA

You can also access the Georgia market bulletin and search the ads online from the GA dept of Ag website. I've seen him advertising different anvils for some time, he must buy them up and resell them. I'd love to check them out but Austell's a good 4 hour drive for me :(

It's about 4 1/2 hours for me, but it was worth the trip. I call him up now everytime I'm up around Atlanta, just to see what he has.

It's about 4 1/2 hours for me, but it was worth the trip. I call him up now everytime I'm up around Atlanta, just to see what he has.

thanks for the link to the guy in Austell. I recently purchased a 80 lb fisher. I am looking to purchase another anvil in the future tho so I will keep him in mind. He is only 2-2 & a half hours away from me, and since I drove to Nasheville, Tn. to buy the fisher (4 and a half hours) I can reason myself to go 2 hours if he has fair prices.Thanks again. If Anyone knows where to find a fairly cheap belt sander that would also be much appreciated. Looking for a 72' but I could settle for a little bit smaller.

There is a guy in Austell, Ga just west of Atlanta that usually has anvils for sell. He advertises regularly in the Ga Farmers & Consumers Market bulletin. If you don't get the bulletin, contact the Ga Dept of Agriculture to subscribe. I bought my 1st anvil from him. He had all kinds, brands, & wieghts. He also had an old coal forge and various tools the last time I went up there.

Is it Mr. Hendricks?

Yes it is Mr. Hendricks! Really nice guy, I got my first anvil and vice from him. Little $$$$$$ on his anvils though. Over $2.00 a pound five years ago. However, it gave me what I needed (or wanted) to start out with!

I've seen adds from him with anvils up to 500 pound and when I went he had a half a dozen to choose from. I'd recommend him, but would shop around first to see if I could find a better deal!

• 3 weeks later...