I Forge Iron

Burning Man 2010

KTB

Hey KTB,

Is there a specific site you're referring to? Could you post a link?

The playa can be a crazy, unbridled place!

My ex (Kelli) has been going for the last 6 years and for 2010 she created an art piece.

She came up to my shop to forge out a couple of the elements for it and I made a mold form to create the plexi sphere.

Here's a few shots of it in place

post-3223-057390100 1284739637_thumb.jpg

Photo: Andrew Watts

post-3223-083571900 1284739781_thumb.jpg

Weather on the playa

post-3223-051143700 1284739833_thumb.jpg

All lit up - programmed led lighting would cycle through different colors and patterns

post-3223-034788200 1284739915_thumb.jpg

Kelli and her creation.

Photos are up and are both outrageous and awsome. It would appear there are 13,575 photos on 905 pages. I for one couldn't look at them all but it is well worth checking out at least a portion.

Still no pictures are showing up KTB, are you having trouble posting the photos you started this post about ?

Brian,

She was real pleased with how it came out! She hosted several open invite sessions to sew the fabric parts - each fabric piece had a pocket into which she placed small amulets - folk would take one as a gift then leave tokens or items of their own for others to have - kinda like "Emotional Geo-caching"!

Here's a couple of it in the daytime

post-3223-079930600 1284933540_thumb.jpg

post-3223-043784400 1284933570_thumb.jpg

Brian,

She was real pleased with how it came out! She hosted several open invite sessions to sew the fabric parts - each fabric piece had a pocket into which she placed small amulets - folk would take one as a gift then leave tokens or items of their own for others to have - kinda like "Emotional Geo-caching"!

Here's a couple of it in the daytime

post-3223-079930600 1284933540_thumb.jpg

post-3223-043784400 1284933570_thumb.jpg

After looking at the posting of the original concept drawing from your other posting, it went well from the page to the item. What pieces did she forge up for it? Definitely a piece to be proud of.

What is she going to do with it the other 51 weeks a year?

Brian

It is indeed. He's got the exhaust from the engine routed through there too, so the pilot flame pulses with the engine.

Nice! It's a great art-car, any video of it cruising around?

After looking at the posting of the original concept drawing from your other posting, it went well from the page to the item. What pieces did she forge up for it? Definitely a piece to be proud of.

What is she going to do with it the other 51 weeks a year?

Brian

The forging's were real simple - we did the "spine/spike" and the bowl that the sphere (heart) sat in - I also made a mold out of plaster so she could form the plexi- sphere

The piece resides at her home in Portland Or.