I Forge Iron

two days forge ....

hi hall !!!

i'm angry because i would like to have a course with Hofi in deutchland but i work during the "course" period :angry::angry: (and it's very expensive for me , travel, food and night, course)
but i buy coal , i take small rond steel and big square and i FORGE iron !!! B)

two days of forging when you don't have a striker , it's not very easy :rolleyes: but i have forge a fork for my anvilpost-6960-092322800 1283619575_thumb.jpg , two "brian ultimate " tongs post-6960-021344000 1283619534_thumb.jpgand two other for small stockpost-6960-079745400 1283619491_thumb.jpg

Glenn or other people have working with HOFI ,do you thing it's necesary for me to have a course ?????

hi hall !!!

i'm angry because i would like to have a course with Hofi in deutchland but i work during the "course" period :angry::angry: (and it's very expensive for me , travel, food and night, course)
but i buy coal , i take small rond steel and big square and i FORGE iron !!! B)

two days of forging when you don't have a striker , it's not very easy :rolleyes: but i have forge a fork for my anvilpost-6960-092322800 1283619575_thumb.jpg , two "brian ultimate " tongs post-6960-021344000 1283619534_thumb.jpgand two other for small stockpost-6960-079745400 1283619491_thumb.jpg

Glenn or other people have working with HOFI ,do you thing it's necesary for me to have a course ?????

You are doing some great work! I personnally believe that no matter what your skill level a person can learn from another. "Necessary"? depends. Hofi will teach a lot of his technique I'm sure. But weather you take a class from Hofi or some other skilled smith you will benefit. And yes, it is expensive, especially when you have to travel a distance. But any good education can be expensive.
I especially like the way you made the bending fork, all nice work.

The bending fork is outstanding. I know what you mean by not working with a striker. I joke that my power hammer is my right arm and a 4 pound hammer. I really like how the tongs turned out too.

I recently took a class on tong making and I am sure glad I did. We covered tongs. Specialty tools for making tongs, and how to fabricate them. We also covered several different tong jaw shapes. I've been practicing every since and am currently working on a pair of larger tongs out of 3/4 inch square stock. I'm making good progress and I'm happy with what I've gotten done so far.

By the way, an ATV is an All Terrain Vehicle. They are small off road cars that have big balloon tires.

Brutal, I agree, the lively feel of these type tongs really does make it easier on the hands. an ATV is an All Terrain Vehicle. A catch all term for 4-wheelers and side by side utility vehicles that we use for recreation and hunting. they have small coil springs in their suspension. I straightened then cut them in half for my tongs. I really like the way that fork turned out as well.

Mark