I Forge Iron

A new cart for my forge

Kenny O

Always do drawings and engineering before any job, it saves time, $ ,and lots of cuss words that could be used for injuries. Take this cart for instance, can you notice the discrepancy?

Without the forge on the cart the bottle tips it over, the solution ; I will put a wheel under it, the bottle rack.

I am not done yet . Painting is a drag, but necessary in Oregon.
Brush is better than spray , for myself.

more design suggestions welcome.

post-2133-074727100 1283359162_thumb.jpg

post-2133-069374700 1283359164_thumb.jpg

post-2133-048554400 1283359166_thumb.jpg

post-2133-059624000 1283359168_thumb.jpg

I tend to just re-build propane gas grill carts. I jettison the grill and bolt a plate of steel across where it went and bolt my forge to that. It already has a holder for a bottle built in! I also replace cheap wheels with better ones if necessary and make a hammer/tong racks on the ends that typically have wooden slats that can be replaced with steel pipe.

I design for building with a 3/8" drill and an angle grinder

that should work fine TD mine is similar save for my bottle is mounted underneath the table top of 1/4" diamond plate on a 3/4" plywood deck. The frame is 1 1/2" angle iron with wheels mounted on the back and level screws on the front ...(Easy to roll around and store) one of these days I'll post pics of my toys see ya.... B) CB