I Forge Iron

I new to the forum

Hi I'm new to the forum. My name is Chris and I have an interest in forging iron to make replica weaponry for the SCA and for my own use and to keep me busy when I'm bored. I hope to be a good member of the board.

welcome chris, if you have any questions or need any help, just ask. there are many of us on here who are willing to give any advice we can. Also if you will add your location to your personal profile info then we can point you towards tools and materials. there is always someone who find an anvil or some hammers for sale nearby and they don't need them.

I keep telling everyone to just buy them and ship them to me, but no one seems to want to listen.lol

Hi I'm new to the forum. My name is Chris and I have an interest in forging iron to make replica weaponry for the SCA and for my own use and to keep me busy when I'm bored. I hope to be a good member of the board.

Welcome. You'll find plenty of people here who like to make sharp and pointy things, and who know quite a bit about the relevant history as well.

If you're just starting out, I would suggest that you try to hook up some local smiths. You can teach yourself a lot by reading and practicing, but nothing beats hands-on learning under an experienced smith. Here's a good place to start: http://www.abana.org/affiliates/affiliate_list.shtml

Howdy; I've been in the SCA for about 32 years now and smithing for 29. I bring a forge to events and have fun---(I don't merchant).

I should be at the next Estrella; so if you attend stop by the period demo center and have some fun!

If you are near central NM let me know and you can come over to my smithy some time.

Thomas Powers. SKA wilelm the smith, OL, OE, OSO, OLM, OST, EI, EI, O