I Forge Iron

Mayorthorp Demo

Hello folks

On Aug 14th Andie, Scott and myself did a demo up here at Mayorthorp AB. It ran from 11am - 7pm. The town had a big parade and then after there was the fair grounds where baseball, amusement rides, shows, and other demos were going on. We had alot of interest as we also promote the Blacksmith guild wherever we go. People asked alot of questions. Old timers would talk about being kids and turning the blowers for hours on end and doing plow shears. The smell of the coal forges brought them over, watching and talking with us kept them there. We have started to notice more women are staying and talking about the craft since we added Andie to the demos, we think it has to do with the wow factor of a girl smith. Even the old timers watched her and talked with her not at her. Scott was interviewed and filmed making a leaf for a group planing on doing promotional things, I was not to clear on it but they were very interested in our doing Blacksmithing around the province. All in all it was a great day, with kids and adults alike stopping by, talking, sitting to watch, coming back to watch more and just generally having fun meeting Blacksmiths. I do love this craft.

post-9523-090021000 1282678668_thumb.jpg

post-9523-092335500 1282678685_thumb.jpg

post-9523-019289100 1282678698_thumb.jpg

post-9523-021383900 1282678712_thumb.jpg