I Forge Iron

Class Project

Hey there everyone. I finally got to use some of the information that I learned at the Dennis Manning class a few weeks ago in Palmer. First let me say that it was a very good event. Lots of people and lots of cool setups to look at. I’ll be posting pics of the once I get them sized smaller for the site. There are a lot of pics.

I was able to get a good set of tongs made at last. It was a lot of fun to do. And I really enjoyed it. So much in fact that I promptly used them to make a J hook as soon as I got them finished. It did take me a couple of days to get them done. My knee does limit how long I can stand. But all in all I like how they turned out. One thing I did notice was that I had a crack in the reign behind the boss. I’ll use them until they break then I’ll make that side again. I set out to make them for 1/4″ – 3/8″ sized stock. And I succeeded. So all in all I’m very happy with the outcome.

post-9027-038450400 1282193043_thumb.jpg

post-9027-091020600 1282193050_thumb.jpg

One thing I did notice was that I had a crack in the reign behind the boss. I’ll use them until they break then I’ll make that side again. I set out to make them for 1/4″ – 3/8″ sized stock. And I succeeded. So all in all I’m very happy with the outcome.

Well done K, where the crack is just weld and dress to help prolong their working life

Look forward to the pics