I Forge Iron

Asscanthus leaves

I am quite sure that the Bow tie key is in fact a key to help hold the scrolls in place and not some type of makers mark or decoration, there are many of them scattered on the piece, and when i touch it i can feel that it is raised up just a little. Lots of braising around the joint on this one.

post-1847-005705900 1279756682_thumb.jpg

High quality thread

I will definately read over it a few times

I have downloaded both of the cosira books along time ago

the thing with them is that the amount of information is so much that you really have to be smart and pick one thing to do and plan it out well and work on it.

after I head into the states to do some journeying my plan is head to the UK and do the same maybe for a longer period of time if I can manage.

the value of info on this site is always huge

I am quite sure that the Bow tie key is in fact a key to help hold the scrolls in place and not some type of makers mark or decoration, there are many of them scattered on the piece, and when i touch it i can feel that it is raised up just a little. Lots of braising around the joint on this one.

With that evidence I would be convinced too, Clever old beggers these craftsmen, look hard enough and you can usually determine how it was done

Thanks for clearing that up

• 2 months later...