I Forge Iron

Coal forge blowers

Naz

Hi everyone, this may be a basic question but I was wondering what the numbers on the side of blowers mean. I have one that's marked 700, another is 200(silent), the're both from Canadian blower and forge. Also, is there a forge or blower company that's known to be better than the others ??

Thanks !
Naz.

post-8684-059957900 1278619792_thumb.jpg

post-8684-041020900 1278619820_thumb.jpg

I would look at the size and also check how it sounds when it is turning and how much coast it has (it should keep turning for a few revolutions after you stop cranking). There are a couple of blowers for sale on craigslist here in CA and I do not think they will be selling at the prices they are asking one guy wants $375 and another for $400 both are champion model 400 and I have bought and sold blowers like this for $50. California dreamin if you think you can get 400 bucks for a blower

• 3 weeks later...

We were lucky. Our landlord who owns the farm we live on told us there might be an old blower in the scrap area behind the barn. Sure enough there it was. It was from Lancaster Pa and had a date of 1909 on it. It needed some work but it works great. It coasts for a few revs after you stop cranking but there is a distinct metal to metal sound which worries me a little. Lord willing it will last for another 100 yrs. As Thomas stated, parts will be hard to find. I will hate the day I have to put an electric blower on it. Have a blessed day.<><