I Forge Iron

Just a Kid

irnsrgn

• 2 weeks later...

Junior, thank you. I happen to know one of these kids and he is hone from 2nd deployment. Now discharged and has a good job. Saw him at my youngest daughters wedding reception. You may have just motivated me to spend some time with this kid. He still looks at me kinda funny when I thank him for his service.

Aye Aye! Well put irnsrgn! Let us not forget all the fine folks who are serving "over there". For anyone who reads this- To me "supporting the troops" means just that, DOING something for them. Those magnetic yellow ribbons folks put on their cars are a nice gesture but they can't be seen from Iraq or Afganistan. At the local V.F.W. we have a box on a table which gets all sorts of stuff added and when full gets shipped off to the troops and a new box gets started. Simple stuff like toothpaste, sox, skivvies, hometown newspapers, etc. etc. etc. is all taken for granted and given no thought by us in our day to day lives but it can be the sort of stuff sorely missed by the troops. Don't forget the ladies, lots of gals "over there" too and feminine products are greatly appreciated. Don't know how to help? Just go to any V.F.W., American Legion post or any armed forces recruiting office and ask. These programs are going on all over. Sure, those yellow ribbons are a nice gesture, but a pair of skivvies can be downright heavenly. Get involved and keep on hammerin'. Dan:)