I Forge Iron

A little Father's Day forging..

Rather than a tie I won't wear or aftershave I won't use, the lovely family left me alone on Sunday to read the paper a my leisure and then light the forge and work for 4 hours (I'm a little slow). Got off to a slow start, its been a while since I had forge time. After messing around with some bearing steel, trying to shape it into a rough knife shape, I broke for lunch with said family, and got back to some mild steel work that produced something. Another corkscrew (turns the proper clockwise this time), plant hook to replace one of my earlier attempts that's been bugging me for years, and a leaf with an off center knot in the stem.

Good day at the forge.

post-182-038194700 1277311254_thumb.jpg

Somewhat similar story here in Virginia, Michael...
except both my boys wanted to share the forge time with me!
We took turns until we couldn't see any more and put everything away in the dark.
We had an absolute blast. :Dpost-2388-078494300 1277341576_thumb.jpg

Rather than a tie I won't wear or aftershave I won't use, the lovely family left me alone on Sunday to read the paper a my leisure and then light the forge and work for 4 hours (I'm a little slow). Got off to a slow start, its been a while since I had forge time. After messing around with some bearing steel, trying to shape it into a rough knife shape, I broke for lunch with said family, and got back to some mild steel work that produced something. Another corkscrew (turns the proper clockwise this time), plant hook to replace one of my earlier attempts that's been bugging me for years, and a leaf with an off center knot in the stem.

Good day at the forge.

Those counter clockwise cork screws are for the third bottle when ya can't remember which way to turn it.
Ken.

Those counter clockwise cork screws are for the third bottle when ya can't remember which way to turn it.
Ken.

There is a market for corkscrews for left handed people, most don't recognise them when they see them, you have to point it out! (otherwise known as " If it's a c**k up, feature it)