I Forge Iron

New 50kg(110#) cast steel anvil

Looks Russian.

http://www.anvilfire.com/21centbs/products/ru_anvil/index.php

I bought a brand new cast steel anvil on ebay.com.au. It arrived during this week and I just finished making a stand out of 8"x2".
It has a very nice ring.
The hardy hole is 22mm and the pritchel hole is 20 mm cast through. I had to strip the paint off the beak which I did with a flap disk in my baby grinder.
I am very happy.

Looks like a cute fat girl.

If the anvil has a good ring, it is pretty much a great anvil. Ringing means that anvil is not easily absorbing impact energy, so that more energy is delivered to the work, instead of being wasted in anvil.

i

• 3 years later...

@icudov "If the anvil has a good ring, it is pretty much a great anvil. Ringing means that anvil is not easily absorbing impact energy, so that more energy is delivered to the work, instead of being wasted in anvil. "

Not sure if accurate- my fisher is very quiet and also consider very good quality!

• 5 years later...

This post is old as heck but I am gonna try and throw it there. I have the same anvil in Italy. 100kg (225lbs) and the rebound is about 90%. The surface of mine doesn't get dinged that easily. 52 hrc is about the hardness of a leaf spring so it is pretty good for an anvil. Now, it looks like the hardness is a hit-or-miss on this anvils as a friend of mine bought one, 50kg and looks like it's softer. It gets dinged easily but don't know about the rebound bc he didn't have a ball bearing. Now, I found an ebay seller in southern california that had them up to 50kg but I am really trying to find the 225 pounder since I really love mine back in Italy. Anyone has any other infos?

Thanks