I Forge Iron

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone,

My Name is Christopher, my friends call me Topher or Chris or some other things we wont get into now :) I am very new to the craft of Blacksmithing and looking to get started and I have been hanging around the site gathering information here and through books and from a co-worker of mine about the craft. I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and be seen I guess. Look forward to sharing information with you guys and be prepared I will most likely ask a ton of questions. I have taken advantage of the blog section and started one if you want to check it out it is Here

Topher

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Noticed that you are from MO. Check out www.bamsite.org , this is the Blacksmith Association of Missouri. They are a great bunch of folks and willing to help newbies. Check the site for upcoming meetings and ATTEND!;) You'll be glad you did.

Well hello there! I too am a new member of this fine site, from Tennessee. Just thought it would be a great place to throw my first post. I look forward to seeing more of the beautiful works you all are posting pictures of and possibly attempting some myself.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I sent my check off for my BAM membership today and hope to make the next meeting. I am slowing collecting my Smithy items and have made two entries into my Blog. You can check it out Here Thanks again for the info and I am sure I will have some questions starting really soon.

Welcome aboard Topher and Dizzerak, glad to have ya! If you'll make your general location part of the section with your AVATAR it'll save us old curmudgeons from having to look through your profile. Seriously, you just never know when we might be in the neighborhood looking for a tasty snack or place to nap and it'd be just plain cruel to expect us ot remember who's in the area. :rolleyes:

I love good questions so I'll be looking forward to a ton of them. I really enjoy answering questions or making up stuff if I don't know the answer.:unsure:

Frosty the Lucky.