I Forge Iron

Sad day for me

Well,,,, my Lucy is gone! She weighed 150pds, had a beautiful figure(nice trim waist) and a real nice face.She was my very first, Peter Wright did a good job with her. I'm fixin to go in for a risky operation, planning to move to another state afterwards, and I still have Lucy's Identical twin sister,Lucy, ta keep me company, so I guess I'll survive(providing the doctors do their job well :), anyways I'm planning on building Lucy a cousin that will be a very specialized anvil for forging knives and swords soon,she'll have a weight problem,,, and I'll think I'll call her,,,,,,,Lucy :rolleyes:. Anyway, I'm feeling like a little part of me is gone today, Wes

I hear ya brother ... be strong ... Lucy would have wanted it that way. ;)
You never forget your first and you'll always have the memories - those countless hours together in front of a roaring fire - the way she used to sing - the way you could bounce a quarter off her ... face. :blink:

By the way ... did Lucy have any other sisters?:P
Just askin' ...

Sam

No more sisters, but there are a few cousins lurking around that I wouldn't mind sharing a nice warm fire with(Kolshwa), maybe even a nice hot(slack)tub with. Here where I live anything blacksmith related is very rare, and I'm getting ready to pick up and move my entire shop to another state. Glad to see I'm not the only one attached to there anvil. Wes

My first was stolen away from me. I loved her even if her voice was loud and she out weighed me by 50#.

Had several go by after that but didn't love again till I found a purty little thing from Columbus OH that I could pick up and swing around the shop and out to the truck.

She's still my traveling gal; but as I've matured (and expanded) I now have a more "matronly" one sharing my life. She weighs twice what I do; but is quiet, helpful, has all her looks and I expect to spend the rest of my days with her. It's always a relief to come home to her after a weekend camping with my loud little lady...

(Now if my wife of 25.8 years ever sees this; my "harem" may become available at an estate sale...)

What did you say her e-mail was? :lol: My Lucy used to be quite a loudmouth but I managed to wrestle a muzzle on her and she's more tolerable now, and I gernerally like the quiet, but when my Lucy is quiet for even just a short while I just don't feel right. She also likes a good beatin on occasion. :o

My anvil that I cnc cut from plate has a beautiful voice, but she's a bit thick in the waist. I still love her tho. I call her Gertrude :D However, I'm not sure but I think there may be something going on between her and Olaf, my tire hammer. They sit really close to one another and whenever I enter the shop, there is an uncomfortable silence :unsure:. But when she begins to sing, my doubts vanish..... at least until I turn out the lights again :o

My anvil that I cnc cut from plate has a beautiful voice, but she's a bit thick in the waist. I still love her tho. I call her Gertrude :D However, I'm not sure but I think there may be something going on between her and Olaf, my tire hammer. They sit really close to one another and whenever I enter the shop, there is an uncomfortable silence :unsure:. But when she begins to sing, my doubts vanish..... at least until I turn out the lights again :o

Dodge, you need to write a book! I am still LMAO

Her e-mail??? Give me a minute to dig out a nigerian spambot's e-mail address---oh was that my outside voice?.....never mind!

My wife is the one that told me the proper name for a collection of anvils was a "harem". I still remember the story for each of them and most of those stories involve my wife the comptroller/CFO saying "yes" at some point in them.

Thanks for the thoughts. In ten days I journey down to the Mayo clinic in Scottsdale AZ,there they will reconnect my large intestines so I can get rid of this xxxx colostomy bag hanging on my side and because of the first surgery I experienced a complete hernia of my abdominal wall and they are going to reconstruct that during the same operation, this will put me on life support for three or four days due to the fact that they will be putting all of my insides back in place and it may be immpossible for me to breath on my own at first. This will hopefully put me back on my feet full bore because afterwards the wife of fourteen years has decided she wants go her own way(divorce). It looks like I'll be trying to make it as a full time knifemaker and blacksmith on my own without that second income, wish me luck. Wes