I Forge Iron

Weaving basket with iron

Hi All,

In the link bellow you will find a basket woven by my granddoughter Sahar Hofi. The basket is a combination of steel and twig of palm tree woven together. All the work is desigened, forged and crafted by her

http://picasaweb.google.com/hofi.einshemer/BasketWeavingWithIron

Hofi

sahar i love the basket - its beautiful - i am interested in basket making techniques myself and have made a few sculptures with similar ideas -( will see if i can find some pictures) thanks for putting the pictures on - what is your main area of interest in what you make?

Beth + bentiron thenks
I am working this year 4 days a week with my grandfather at the smithy but on top of forging I also work with hand and wheel ceramic (potery) and make ''ucarina'' type of flute, knit with wool, weave carpets,make all the drawings for my grandfather and many other painting,learn to sing jewish easteren liturgy easteren songs in Jerusalem and teaching perma-cultuer and natuer preservation. The dress in the photo Idid myself.
yes one needs a good per of good and strong hands for this job and lots of knowledg ,II wet and soak the dates palmefibers in water over night many times in hot water to go faster but it is harder to plat olive branches
SAHAR

• 2 weeks later...

sahar its nice to hear about all the crafts that you are involved in - i have very similar interests myself - i like the sound of the jewish singing too - a musician friend of mine is exploring his jewish heritage at the moment and i have been listening to him playing beautiful jewish violin pieces. theres a lot of lovely things to do out there eh?! would be great if you keep posting your work iron or otherwise :)