I Forge Iron

Anyang #33 Design Problem

I have a Anyang #33 and it has a design problem I am looking to correct, So here's whats happening
when I am standing on the left hand side of hammer with dies's set @ 45 deg's angle, and I am working long bar stock under hammer the end of the bar stock is hitting the valving control rod on the right side of hammer making the bar stock NOT SQ ! with die -- IE BAR NOT 90 degs to die :<( = curve in piece
Now what I think is needed is to move control rod further back on the side of the hammer so its not in the way of working long stuff -- anyone else having this problem ?? AND has anyone revamped the valving control linkage to fix this ?? I am looking for any Ideas or info ?
I am also starting to design a fix for this I hope, with 2 adjustable turn buckle's a on a bar that has a center pivots bolt, adjustment can be made on foot pedal hight or air valving as needed

If anyone has a pic of a fix for this problem I sure would like to see it !!
my EM# ironwolfforge13@yahoo.com Thanks again Steve

Rotate your dies to the opposite orientation. I had to do the same thing on my 20 pound model. It is pretty easy to do. You could also rotate the stock 180 degrees which will even out the curvature. I often do that for smaller jobs to save time. I would hardly consider this a design flaw, though it might be possible to improve the design somehow it is certainly not much of a limitation.

due to the way my forge area is set up rotating die angle will not work i will be standing on the anvil then LOL
also other PH will be in the way when fixed. forge area very workable forge on left side hammer on right, so heat turn hammer 2 steps away is 300 wt anvil behind me is 8'x8' 1" tc welding table I like the set up just need to do something about linkage ?? when I learn how to get a pic in here of work area I will
both hammer will be side by side and usable @ the same time 2 smiths so untill I move the hole area to new building thats not built not $$$ area works :<)
PS---I am outta floor room!!! everything is going on wheels so I can move eqt out of way as needed I really need more building :<(

Hi! So long as the control valves rotate when you depress the footlever it does not matter what the linkage from the treadle to the bottom valve boss looks like! If you 'dog leg' it a bit to give you more clearance working long bars it will be fine.

Post up some photos so we can see your setup, and I will be happy to do you a couple of sketchs as suggestions,

Best Regards, John (UK Anyang distributor)