I Forge Iron

88 Lb Striker for Sale in Washington

I have a 88lb Striker for sale located in the Seattle area. The hammer belongs to a friend but will be in my shop. Its about 6 years old but has not been used much, Owned by a artist, not a production shop. I wouldn't be surprised if it has more than 100 hours run time. Its on a fabricated, sand filled base and is forklift movable. Single phase 5HP motor installed. I think she has 3 sets of dies, Flats, Combo's and a "Hofi" style radius fullering set. She does primarily organic and very soft work and felt that the Striker was too unforgiving. She purchased another hammer and has no need of a second..

Asking $8000 OBO. I can deliver the hammer if your willing to cover expenses or have the ability to ship...

Again, I dont own this hammer.. Just trying to help someone out.

I dont have pictures at the moment but could get some on short order....

Larry are you short a certain green hammer in your shop now???

That would be correct. I have made the jump to a Say Mak 135lb and sold Marie my 110Lb

I'm not really sure how big of a step that is or if it was warrented with the 200lb chambersburg I now have as a third hammer. But I do really like the Say Mak, the cheap dies that are available for them and the portability... My new Say Mak is someplace in the Atlantic in route I suppose

Did you buy a new one from Ozark, or someplace else? Where are say-mak's made?

That would be correct. I have made the jump to a Say Mak 135lb and sold Marie my 110Lb

I'm not really sure how big of a step that is or if it was warrented with the 200lb chambersburg I now have as a third hammer. But I do really like the Say Mak, the cheap dies that are available for them and the portability... My new Say Mak is someplace in the Atlantic in route I suppose

Nice to hear Marie has a good hammer now! She was going to come play w/ my Sahinler but never got around to it. She was curious about the Sahinler line at the time. I think she will be happy w/ the Saymak - I know she never was pleased withe the "other" hammer she had.

• 2 weeks later...

I know its not yours but what is the count on power hammers you have had?
I'm at 6, cant wait till Grant chimes in.

I'm not really sure. There are 5 at my shop at the moment. At least 18 but I am probably forgeting some. Many where never intended to end up in my shop. I have had atleast 8 that I turned without ever using

• 2 weeks later...