I Forge Iron

Some projects i did

The big cross is out of a railroad spike, not making any more of them. metal is to hard on tools and me. Grape leaves are left overs from a sign bracket and I don't have any good pictures of that. Pop can holder is something my wife wanted for camping great item and sells well. The rest you all can figure out.

20076.attach

20077.attach

20078.attach

20079.attach

20080.attach

Edited by Bad Creek Blacksmith

The making of the leaves was a long process and I'll never do it again,live and learn. I went and picked several different sizes of grape leaves at a friends house, and transferred them onto 18ga sheet metal for my pattern. I rough cut them with O&A torch, then finished cutting on band saw. Used 3/16" sheet stock for leaves, had to bend bottom part of leaf out of the way to round up stem. Used a ballpein hammer for the texture. I made a hot cut out of a ballpein hammer to vein the leaves, they threw off a lot of heat scorched the handle. Last step took angle iron and welded bar stock on the corner so the angle iron would lay at a 45 in the vice, and used this to shape the leaves. I ended up making 83 leaves and had 5 left over. Lost money on the job but the lady started to cry when she saw the sign bracket, so made it worth making it. I didn't have any working drawings she trusted me to make it without them, this was the first time meeting her. Then I found out her Husband's Uncle owned our house before us, small world. These are the pictures of the sign bracket even though there not very good I didn't take them.

20084.attach

20085.attach

Edited by Bad Creek Blacksmith