I Forge Iron

Another new member...

200yearstoolate

Hey everyone. Obviously new here but not new to blacksmithing. I'm a freight train conductor, Iraq war vet, and a blacksmith in South Carolina. I mostly make knives and machetes but lately I've been doing some decorative stuff and some wrought iron railing. Looking forward to learning from what is obviously a great wealth of info on this site. Thanks.

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya. If you'll click on "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it can make a big difference. IFI is represented by members in more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

you're in good company, there are people here making darned near anything that can be beaten out of a piece of hot iron or steel. Knives are popular as are all kinds of decorative hardware, heck even some practical stuff believe it or not. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, pics, we all like pics be it your set up your work or just a nice view, pics are GOOD.

Frosty