I Forge Iron

I should do an intro....

frankyluckman

Hello Jesse,

Judging by your work, I'd say you are starting out in blacksmithing with a pretty impressive skill set. Skills and knowledge that will lend themselves well to being a blacksmith.

I look forward to seeing some of your work....What type of work are you planning to do?

As Brian said, you already have an impressive knowledge and skill set from building bikes.

Blacksmithing is a little different as the micrometer is now called a 2 pound hammer, the 22-1/2 degree bend is now called "about there", and blacksmiths eyeball things so they fit together and look right.

I can not wait till you blend the two crafts, and build a bike that looks like a BIG anvil with wheels attached. (grin) I can only imagine how much interest it would attract when you rode that anvil bike to a blacksmith meeting. Paint could be rust patina (blacksmiths think rust IS a color) or maybe flat black, with maybe some pin stripping to define the edges of the anvil. It could give a whole different meaning to the words "Hammer Down" when you cranked the throttle on the open road. (BIG GRIN)