I Forge Iron

whisper momma

alexl97

Welcome to the forum. It all depends on what you plan on doing with the Whisper Momma. My experience with one is that it is good for general forging, but it does not get hot enough to forge weld. If you want to forge weld and/or to make knifes, I would suggest building a gas forge specifically for that purpose.

Also, if you would go to User CP and add your location to your profile, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have used the whisper baby, momma, and daddy. if you are blacksmithing get the daddy. the size of the firebox (most notably the height) will serve you much better in my opinion. if you are using it for farrier work rock on and i will keep my eyes open. as the unicorn says; build your own if you want to forge weld.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex I have had the whisper momma for years and love the thing! it is great for general work and I love the front door for larger things. it made it convenient to heat small billets for pressing drawer pulls. I now use the Chili forge cayenne because I needed a larger firebox and burners for some large hinges I was making. I still use the whisper momma when teaching as I can get more irons in the fire. I hope this helps!
Good luck and most of all stay safe and HAVE FUN!
Steve