I Forge Iron

South Bend

RingingAnvil

The catalog number is 337-B. 15" swing, 5' bed on its own cast base. The only thing that i can see is missing is the secondary drive belt. Nothing even wiggles and every is free and very, very, very smooth. I will have some pics soon. If nothing else its about the prettiest little thing I've seen in a while.

..The only thing that i can see is missing is the secondary drive belt. Nothing even wiggles and every is free and very, very, very smooth. I will have some pics soon. ...

The stuff that is missing is not necessarily the stuff that is attached to the lathe. Tooling, change gears (if it has change gears), face plates, steady rest(s), tool holders, taper jig, etc, could cost more than the lathe itself. Stuff that is not bolted to the lathe has a tendency to get lost each time it changes hands. :(

I eyes don't work so good with little photographs, so the only "tooling" that I can see is one faceplate and the tool-holder. It does not look like it has a "quick-change" gear box in the front. If that is the case then you will need a stack of "change gears". So possibly missing are:
- change gears
- other face plates
- collets
- steady rest(s)

Other nice tooling to have include:
- collection of cutting tools
- milling attachment
- boring tools
- taper jig
- a stack of metric conversion gears
- depth adjustment gauges
- etc, etc. etc.

The ideal South Bend lathe comes with a couple boxes full of tooling.

Edited by UnicornForge

Not sure why the picture is so small as it is large on my computer. ....

If you import the image into a piece of software such as Photoshop Essentials, you can click on Image, then Resize the photograph and specify the number of inches wide and high that it will show as when someone clicks on its thumbnail posted to the IForeIron forum. :D