I Forge Iron

Addiction

BlackSmithKazuma

Nah, While it is contagious and there is no known cure, you will live with it just fine. Get a blower, a bag of charcoal, a large rock or paver, a hammer and some stock, new or used. Go dig a small hole, use the blower to make the charcoal go from hot to very hot, and have some fun. You might even learn something, and it may reduce the irritability some.

Have fun
Phil

While most folks will think you are a little 'off' don't worry, you're in good company! 2 asprins won't even make a dint in it either.
Check the blueprints here. There are plans on how to build a forge for very little $$ (less than $10 if you are good at scrounging) and then find a sutable hard surface, no, not your head, but something that you can bang stuff on and still see it. The charcoal is not the Kingsford kind, that is 50% or so clay. Hardwood charcoal can be purchased at the BIG BOX stores around here and I'm sure it holds for your area too.
Jumping into bladsmithing right off the bat is pretty ambitious to say the least. You may want to learn the basics of moving metal first and work your way up to the blades. It will save you a lot of frustration. Not that it can't and hasn't been done but most of the guys I know that make blades learned to do so after learning general forging. YMMV of course.

I assure you that blacksmiths are the normal ones, it is the rest of the world that is odd and should be worried about. After all, when was the last time that you heard that a blacksmith started a war or a blacksmith executed a corporate takeover and fired 50,000 employees of the company that was taken over. :D

if you do a search on this site, you will see a couple of threads like this one, blacksmiths anonymous and such, there are some really great suggestions and warnings there, but there is one guy on the site who would convince you to send all your tools to him to save yourself, watch that guy, he's much sicker than the rest of us....

There are several guys after all your tools. Some are more persistent that others that's all. The worst part is they won't even help with shipping.
Phil

Phil, if it's the right tools I will pay for shipping...but I will have to receive them first to see if the are the right tools.:)