I Forge Iron

Introduction

Gary

Hi, my name is Gary. I've been smithing for about two years now, most of it historical reproduction at historic Ft. Vancouver in Washington state. I've collected enough tools to set up a forge at home and am currently building a small shop in the backyard. I'm a 30 year Postal employee and a Army National Guard Retiree. I like to keep busy. I've chosen this site over some others to become active in, I like the Blueprints. I'm not much of a joiner and this will probably be my longest post. Thanks Gary

Regional, Yes that is in Brooks. If you go to antiquepowerland.com you'll get a sense of what the place is all about. They have the Steam-Up the last weekend in July and the First weekend in Aug. This is where all of the different groups under the Powerland umbrella get together at the same time. The rest of the year individual groups have their own events there at different times. Most of us are part of the NWBA or the Ft. Vancouver Trades Guild. Let me know if you're interested, we usually have monthly open forges at Brooks.

Welcome Gary
Three of us from Oz spent a day at Ft Vancover after the ABANA conference. Met Susan, Bill ,John and a few others? Very impressed, well worth our detour back from Tillamook. Even got to see some of Peter Ross's work! Keep up the good work,many people owe their blacksmithing journey from seeing the "Blacksmith" in heritage parks like that. Graeme. PS. Will have to introduce myself soon wont I!