I Forge Iron

Another anvil ID!

Heres what I know......Its really heavy. The person I bought it from said 220 lbs. From looking at it I personally would have said no way. But after picking it up it is so heavy I believe him! It is far heavier than it looks like it should be to me anyways. The rebound is fair but i wonder if the rust buildup is absorbing some of the rebound? My 2lb hammer came up 8 inches from a 10 inch drop. It also doesn't "ring" like I would expect it to but i suspect the rust is the culprit as well. I want to clean it up this afternoon. It is pitted on the sides, i think it was a yard display for a long time....The top has alot of wear on one edge from use I guess. but overall I think its OK and I paid 200 bucks for it. I dont think I got a killer deal but I am happy with it. The guy I bought it from said he bought it from a friend of his who's great grandfather named John Edward Nelson Brown used it in Hyannis, Mass for the Cape Cod Railroad in the 1870's. He also says its an American Star from Trenton NJ. BUT I couldnt find anything about a depressed star like this one has. All the pics of the American Star Anvils I say Were raised stars! So in conclusion to my reallllllly long post does anyone have an Idea what kind of an anvil and also if its any good?
Also any ideas for repairing the face would be very welcome! Thanks!