I Forge Iron

Introduction to community

kunkle

Hello,

I am Kunkle or Kunk or Karl, I live in Wilmington, Delaware and I want to learn blacksmithing, sheet metal work, and machining.

I have very little metal working background. I am about to build my first forge from a car wheel and an aquarium stand. My anvil right now is a 2` piece of railroad rail and I only have a 24 oz ball peen hammer and a 4 pound sledge. I need to find a pair of tongs.

I like to learn hands on so, if I can melt a piece of metal and beat it to something I will start acquiring more tools and reading more.

I have been practicing with play-doh and am more than willing to listen if someone local wants to teach me something.

Karl Kunkle
302-437-5981

Welcome aboard Karl, glad to have you.

You have everything you really need, something hard and heavy to beat against, something to beat with and something to beat. Get a fire up and going and you can get to work.

There are plenty of folk and organizations in your neck of the woods. Organizations especially are always looking to help interested folk get into the addiction . . . Uh. . . Er. . . . Ah hem Pursuit. I meant to say pursuit. Yeah, that's the story. ;)

If you'll edit your profile to show your location it can make a big difference. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific. If folk know you're around they can inivte you to gatherings, tip you to tool deals and offer hands on help.

Frosty