I Forge Iron

Hi, you can call me Kash...

Hi, I,m new to the forum. You can call me Kash. I'm an amateur smith in the Lehigh Valley area of eastern PA. Most of the stuff i work in is junk and scrap i find in random dumpsters and barn sales. I have a few special orders for the season that require actual bar stock. i was wondering if anyone was familiar with any suppliers in this area that would give me a good price.

99% of what i forge comes out of a bin, including the bar stock......if you have industry around you they usually have bins...make the odd key ring or candle holder for the foreman of your scrap and heed their safety rules when on their sites, never hurts to ask, works for me....even score the odd contract from one or two of them.

Woah! I was in Bethlehem in the Lehigh valley a few weeks ago. I was at some riverside "court" (I think it was built on the old Bethlehem Steel grounds) and as I entered I passed what appeared to be a blacksmith shop right next door! Was that you? There were several gas forges burning, but I was on my way to a restaurant there for my Brother's wedding rehearsal dinner and I couldn't stop. It was a tough call, but since I was my Brother's best man I opted to go to the dinner. Next time I go to visit him, I WILL find the place again.