I Forge Iron

Links to Forge Plans?

samsagaz

Hi guys, i want to start making my own forge, can someone know wehre can i get diferents Forge Plans Collection so i can get some ideas abt wich king of work can i do?

I want some forge that work with gas, and can control temperature electrically.

Thanks in advance

You can look in blueprints sections Blueprints | articles.

Here is all the websites I found searching through internet!
Plans Available
Building the new forge
Building the forge
http://ironringforge.com/
BP0115 5th Wheel Forge | Blueprints 100-200
I Forge Iron Blueprints
Zoeller Forge
Free Gas Forge Plans
Riser's Small Propane Fired Forge
Ron's Forge Page
DIY Propane/Natural Gas Forge
Freon Tank Propane Miniforge
http://metalcast.boorman.us/reil_1.htm
Forge Making
Air tank Forge Build

Most of them are linked to a forge plan, but some you have to look in the website because they actually have more then one plan.
YAY my time to help back!
the_white :D

My big gasser was controlled electrically. It had a ?pid? controller, thermocouple and solenoid gas / air valve. You just typed in top and bottom temp ranges (say 900deg - 1000 deg C) , and it shut off the gas and air at the top value, and opened it again at the bottom value (re-igniting from the already hot forge)

Worked really well, but I junked the forge in the end, it was to big, and hard brick lined so it took an hour + to get going. Amazing how much work you can get from a small wool lined forge!

• 3 months later...

Shameless Bump. I too am looking to build a gas forge to replace my coal forge. I don't need any thing as simple as the zeller forge, as I have a great welding rig and ability to work with just about anything. But his plans are a pretty simple way to get up and running.

I just found this plan here on the blueprints section, and it looks like exactly what I want to build. 10" 3/8 walled pipe for body. Only issue would be fullering the burner pipe, but I figure I can heat it with an oxy torch and pound it out on a rail.

I'm curious, had anybody heard of using an old hot water heater tank for the forge body? I've got one sitting around, that I was going to use as a solar hot water heater, but went with a better design.

Thanks in advance!

My thoughts on the water heater is that you may end up with a rather large forge which will take a lot to heat if you aren't working on big stuff. My friends who use gassers have more than one, most have a coffee can forge, a larger single burner and some have big forges. All for different projects, and because they like making them.