I Forge Iron

Need Help Restoring Forge

Drako11

Hey Everyone,

I recently obtained this old hand pump bellows forge I believe it is. I have no idea what brand it is, it may be home made I haven't been able to find any markings. But I want to restore it, and maybe use it. So I was wondering is anyone knows what this is supposed to look like complete with bellows and all, and if you do, do you have a picture of it? Also the gear pulley system, (I'll post pics of it) is stuck any ideas of how I can loosen it? I've tried a ton of penetrating spray, but no luck yet. Anyways here are the pictures.

P8160371.JPG P8160372.JPG P8160374.JPG P8160373.JPG

There's a forge exactly like that at the forge for my local blacksmiths club its not a bellows forge the big fly wheel on the gears has a belt around it attached to a blower i dont know if thats the way it was originaly done or not as far as gettign it unstuck i say stick with the spray and take a wire wheel or brush to it as well to knock off some of the crud

Just a guess but it looks like a ACME brand,I'v seen pictures in Sears books that look much like it.Here is mine,its a little like yours but I don't have the belt on it in the pictureDSC02849a.jpg It was used as a flower planter so it was really rusted,I had to put alot of oil on it.Just go slow with it and keep putting the penetrating spry on it,you don't want to break anything.

Ah great!! Thanks for the pictures guys! That looks like exactly what I have! Unfortunately I didn't get the blower/ash dump part with it :' ( I can see the holes where it attaches, but no blower. I don't know how hard that is going to be to find, I hope I can get one, this seems like a really neat forge. : )