I Forge Iron

broken welds

i welded up the bottom rack of my forge and just started to use it last night. during using it the rods that support the rack bent and caused the rack to flex and break the welds... anybody have an idea how to fix thiss problem?

ok so after examining the press in the daylight, MY WELDS ACTUALLY HELD!!! it's just the rest of it that failed... the support rods bent and caused the rack to flex which bent the piece of C-channel i had for the base plate

16612.attach

16613.attach

16614.attach

16615.attach

16616.attach

16617.attach

one you need a heavyer plate that would rest across the channel looks as if there was to much pressure on the middle of the thin plate between the channel and those welds are cold welds need to run the welder hotter or slower and i would streighten the channel pieace and weld a plate on the bottom also for suport to help stopit from spreading again i would get either bigger pins or a long grade 8 bolt or some type of pin stock that is hardend you would need atleast a 3/4 plate for the center or bigger you need to spread the weight of the press out over the channel