I Forge Iron

Florida Artist Blacksmith Association

was a member for perhaps 10-12 years, starting as less than a beginner. have since moved to missouri. great organization, great people, regional conferences. wife and i "vacationed" at the annual state conference many years, took children when they were younger. exceptional coal at good prices. check their web site if you havn't. money well spent.

Junker - If your at all interested in blacksmithing, as a hobby or more - There shouldn't be a question - for the few $'s it costs for a membership to join any group, the payback in new friends and knowledge is enourmous. Your call, I'm glad I've joined and met the folks I have - which ever area of the world you live in. - JK

I am a FABA member it is a very good group. the south west chapter we are very open any one can come to our meetings. We meet once a month but if you have time you can go to 4 meetings a month. NE,NW,SE,and SW meet on diffrent weekends. there is a lot of info at each meeting and everyone I have meet is very willing to share there knowledge. dues are $25.00 a year. go to the Faba sight this month we are having a demo on armour making. a few months ago we did a trip to Bock tower to see Samual Yellen's work from 1920. great day and good demos on sight. We also do a lot with the Boy scouts and there merit badge program. the first demo I attended was making copper diving helmets talk about diversity. if I can be any help let me know

Edited by Francis Cole

JOIN!! for $25.00 p/yr ya can't go wrong. Then if you don't like them...highly doubtful...you can always drop your membership. Florida is a small enough state you could most likely make all of the monthly meetings. Personnaly I would love to attend one of the other groups in my state but it is at least 6hrs--one way. You don't have to make every meeting tho. but I'd be willing to bet that once you started attending you would have a hard time not going. Florida has some fantastic smiths and like mentioned before, enjoy sharing knowledge.

Thomas, I know how big Texas is I also know from Junkers place its 5-6 hrs south to hit water. 3-4 hrs west 4-5 to the panhandle. LIved in Sarasota worked gun shows all over the state its a loooong skinney state.Wish I still was.

My bad, Didn't realize it was that long and skinny! I guess when looking at a Florida map I should take note of the distance scale.