I Forge Iron

Hi to everyone

nuttynigel

Hello to all,
I have just found this forum and have only glanced over some of the many topics and already starting to pick up tips.
A little about my self, I am 36 yrs old and a Certified Automotive Engineer & Qualified teacher and work at a local Technical college in the UK.
I am now in the position to advance my skills and I am drawn to the forging and creation of sculptured art, especially damascus and mokume gane.

Thank you for allowing me to join the forum I am sure that this will be a valuable source of information.

Once again thank you and hope to hear from some of you soon.

Nigel

Welcome to this great resource Nigel, if you need help nearer home go to Blacksmiths Guild Home and find out if we will be attending any shows near to you.

I would suggest you go along to the Edenbridge and Oxted Show which always has a fantastic metalwork feature with live smithing, static shows and competitions if you fancy a go.

Further details of this show and others in the UK can be found on www.blacksmithscompetition.co.uk

Good luck in your quest

Edited by John B
Additional information