I Forge Iron

Fabricated Forge - My first fire today....

locky.au

Okay its been a while.... I have uploaded another series of pictures showing air gate & control, ash dump, motor & blower mounted & my first fire in my Album Gallery "Fabricated Coal Forge".

There are 56 pictures in that album including design diagrams for your reference.

Fabricated Coal Forge - Blacksmith Photo Gallery

This was a great project with lots of challenges including today when I was sitting on the floor lining up the air gate mechanism when the bloody very heavy handle decided to move hitting me square on the head...... Well I saw stars, you know the feeling it hurts that much you can't even swear :)

Air Gate Handle Fully Opened - Blacksmith Photo Gallery

Enjoy....

Edited by mod07
delete bad links

Thanks Rob, the blower is leaking oil a bit so I will need to recondition it soon but it works very well. I was concerned about the size of the gap between the firepot and clinker breaker but all good; heated up the coil spring in no time.

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback, like a lot of people here I too would like to contribute in some way to the craft of Blacksmithing and I do hope these type of step by step guides help some.

Cheers, Locky.....

• 5 years later...