I Forge Iron

trying to build first gas forge...

BORZ

i started a gas forge "projekt"(first time). the t burner seemed the easiest to build,found the most advice about.it seems to vork,in a short time-i hope-i'll be ready with the forge too.i planned 3 inch durablanket insulation around,the inside is about10"

16102.attach

16103.attach

16104.attach

16105.attach

16106.attach

16107.attach

16108.attach

16109.attach

16110.attach

16111.attach

It looks pretty good Borz but the jet is slightly out of alignment. You can tell by the way the blue cone is shifted to one side and misshapen. Fortunately the flame's shape tells you which way to move the jet, away from the side the cone looks like it's hitting. It should be centered.

Once you get the jet aligned it'll draw better and lean out for you. right now it's burning too rich (reducing) and needs a bit more air.

I love how you mounted your vise too.

Frosty

Frosty thanks much for the help!how to center the jet?just bend,or center the whole thing? i guess i didnt weld the nut 100% perpendicular...aniway,for first i didnt expect even that it burns...so, repair,and hope the best. thanks again!

My pleasure Borz. I dumped this particular burner design on folk so it's kind of my responsibility to help get them working right. Yes? ;)

I usually just bend the tip a little, your's is already very close so don't make any big adjustments. It's already burning pretty well, better than many of mine on first firing, all it needs is a little tuning.

Just slip a flat screwdriver in the air intake on the side the flame is touching the burner nozzle and apply a little pressure. Light it up and see if it did the trick. As close as your's is adjustments won't be enough to be visible when you move the jet.

You want the blue cone of flame centered and even all around.

Frosty

i have the forge ready yet,it vorks fine(just an hour experience,but i think it'll be ok'). one thing-i dont reach white heat,maybe need to increase the pressure? now it ran ~0.2 bar(dont know in psi...),it might be too low...aniway,thanks much for helping,im on the right way... here a few pics,if anybody want build one,i just can say it's not that diifficoult,as it seems first.and if help is needed,it comes also... 16411.attach

16412.attach

16413.attach

16414.attach

16415.attach

16416.attach

16417.attach